By now, I’ve tried myriad combinations of fruit juice with Stiggins’ Fancy, and the true star of all my drinks is that rum. It’s smooth, tastes delicious; I could simply drink it by itself.
The Hula Cocktail
“Love camping? Fancy yourself a mixologist? Hate clean-up? The Hula Cocktail is an easy and delicious camping companion that can be made the night before! Stiggins’ Fancy is a drink named after a character from Charles Dickin’s Pickwick Papers who loved pineapple rum. This drink was created to utilize this rum while camping and shouldn’t be substituted. When camping during the summer months, fresh fruit such as apples and strawberries add a little extra zing to the drink. Soaked in your favorite spirit, the fruit can be saved and made into delicious hobo pies over the campfire.”
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup Passion Orange Guava juice (POG)
- 1/2 cup Plantation Pineapple Stiggins’ Fancy
- Optional: Seasonal fruit
- Mason Jar & lid (when prepping for tent camping)
- Slice strawberries, apples, oranges as a garnish.
- Mix cranberry, pog and rum together in a cup.
- Shake and pour the mixture into a mason jar.
- Add your chopped fruit.
- Place in your fridge overnight or for a few hours until cold.
- Once chilled, remove from fridge/cooler and enjoy!
If you’re in a hurry, you can place ice into the mason jar to chill it faster, but it will dilute the cocktail, so make sure you don’t take too long to drink it!
TIP: If you really like pineapple, add a splash of Trader Joe’s pineapple juice to the drink. It’ll help bring out the flavor even more!
PRO TIP: 1/2 cup of rum with this juice doesn’t seem like much, but it’ll creep up on you. Be sure to drink an equal amount of water while camping to stay hydrated.